Absolute Elsewhere - In Search Of Ancient Gods CD (album) cover

Absolute Elsewhere

Lieven Van Paemel
4 stars This is an album I didn't know at the time. Like much of the Italian prog music, I never saw it in the shops over here. It's not too bad an album. I actually have the impression that the French band "Air" found some inspiration here from "Earthbound/Future past".

The music varies from mellow strings to now and then darker passages. Everyone seems to drewl by the name of Bill Bruford here... He's a decent drummer true, but this is not HIS album. I didn't really know what to think at first hearing but music holds together well. Beautiful flute, good bass..

I always loved Von Dainikins books, I think I read them all at the time and the music quite fits them. And the artwork is just too beautiful!!! A 4 star.

Lieven Van Paemel | 4/5 |