Magenta - Revolutions CD (album) cover

REVOLUTIONS

Magenta

zx2781
2 stars 20 minute epics and a full arsenal of keyboards do not always a Prog band make. This is a prime example. Multi part songs ranging from 19 to 25 minutes. Every keyboard from the classics of the past to the digital of the future. Fantasy/Sci-Fi lyrics to thrill the most discriminating Prog nerd. Sounds great?

The problem aside from the cheesiest album cover ever to grace a piece of music is the lack of spirit. Sounds like they got together and said lets write long songs and use alot of instrumention to wow the audience. If we make a melody or give it heart all the better but not necessary. The vocals are absolutely weak. I listened to this 2 cd offering and feel like I have heard nothing.

I love Neo-Progressive..Marillion, IQ, Pallas, Ayreon and hundreds but one Magenta album is more than enough. I love Cyan, Rob Reed's prior work. I wanted to give this album one star, but felt it does deserve two for effort.

zx2781 | 2/5 |