Anathema - Alternative 4 CD (album) cover

Experimental/Post Metal

3 stars I don't think this is actually very progressive music. But they have their progressive moments, which are very interesting.Anathema is actually my brother's favourite band, so I had used to it.

Alternative 4 is album which kind of withers to the end. The first five songs are adherent but rest of songs are quite boring.

Shroud of False = very good intro-song. This brings the ambience of whole album in your ears. Fragile Dreams = The best song of album. So striking violin lead and very progressive guitarthings. Empty = I like the lyrics. They sit in the song perfect!

I have special edition of this album, which includes Bad Religion-cover Better Off Dead. It´s Wonderful and beautiful.

I recommend this album for fans of Pink Floyd and Porcupine Tree.

Toomio | 3/5 |