Dream Theater - Images And Words CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

4.29 | 2035 ratings

belz
2 stars 2.3/5.0

I have trouble reading all the reviews on this album. I just don't see how this could even be close to a masterpiece. This is unimaginative music with poor keyboards and an uninviting voice. Sure, those guys have talent, and they know how to play guitar and if you enjoy some good fast-headbanging riffs there are some, but there is absolutely no emotion there, not anything worth listening closely to or enjoying again and again. There are some real prog-metal groups out there which involves much more passion/emotion and are not trying to impress too much with an overwhelming technique (sometimes too much is worse than not enough).

I should probably give 1 star, but I chose to give 2 stars by respect to all those who believe this is great. I don't agree with you guys and this should be a "Collectors/fans only" album.

belz | 2/5 |