John Petrucci - Suspended Animation CD (album) cover

SUSPENDED ANIMATION

John Petrucci

derfel.hywelbane
4 stars Well, before you all kill me I will tell why I gave a 4 star ..... I'M A GUITARRIST .... ok, that explains a lot of my opinion. This album is fantastic talking about each musician skill (even more Petrucci's skill at guitar) and this is incontestable. So has a guitarrist that I am I would say this is amazing. Petrucci really deserves to be at G3, but I think he is walking too much with this guys (Steve Vai and Satriani). Who are nice too. In my opinion he's getting a little bit of influence by this "best guitarrist of the world" stuff. And this album looks near non-prog and full-exibicionism.

Well, but as I said before, Im a guitarrist and I wanted to make half of things that Petrucci can do, so probaly my critics are the result of my jelousness =P.

About the album tracks, everyone looks like DT without LaBrie and Rudess with means full space for Petrucci solos. In "Jaws of Life" the progress of the music is very sweet, with a strong guitar base (and solo) and good drum work its one of bests to me. "Glassglow Kiss" and "Damage Control" are pretty good too (G3 tracks). The rest of the album follow the same style: alltime solos!!!

Someone already said but I will say again: THIS IS A GUITARRIST ALBUM!!! who doesn't like guitars or prefer keys shouldn't buy this album! Thats is, thx for your patience!

(I'm sorry about my english, if I misunderstood something please excuse me)

| 4/5 |