Threshold - Hypothetical CD (album) cover

4 stars Altough Threshold became much more than just an interesting prog metal/rock band, I must say that their time is yet to come.Hypothetical is a great album, but I have that feeling like something is missing. Having great potentional, interesting ideas, just as much electronics as it's requiered, heavy guitar walls, very good keyboard solos, along with a great singer, they will certanly become no.1 in prog if they make some changes. And by that I refer to more complex song structure, maybe adding more instruments, or some other musical influences like jazz, ethno, etc., but, of course, in a gentle, non-disturbing way. I'm not sayin' that they have little of all of that, but some progress can be achieved. I wish them luck, and I will remain their respectfull fan. Let the metal flow!
| 4/5 |