Änglagård - Hybris CD (album) cover

5 stars Following in the next paragraph are the comments about the two ÄNGLAGÅRD albums that I submitted to the official ÄNGLAGÅRD website. Both albums, "Hybris" and "Epilog" are excellent, it is difficult to say which one of them is better. I only wish there were more vocals in the Swedish language in "Epilog"! By the way, I think English would be out of place in the group's songs -- England has created a plethora of wonderful groups and styles, but I don't see why groups from other countries (if they are more serious about music than sales) should imitate the English ones. ÄNGLAGÅRD style is unique -- nothing like it existed in English music before.

Hats off to ÄNGLAGÅRD, gentlemen! I had hardly thought I would have the pleasure of listening to progressive music half as accomplished as that of PINK FLOYD or GENESIS of the seventies, but now, after discovering ÄNGLAGÅRD, I must say I proved myself wrong. ÄNGLAGÅRD would have been widely known and placed among the few greatest bands in the world if only the group started twenty years earlier, in the era when intellectual music was still much admired, and if only it lasted longer! Whatever happens next to ÄNGLAGÅRD, I want to express my deepest gratitude for 'Hybris' and 'Epilog', and humbly hope that the group will overcome all obstacles and will continue to create magic with their music. To give you the idea of how impressed I am with ÄNGLAGÅRD music, I may add that I am studying the Swedish language because the group members speak it!

Arteum | 5/5 |