Colosseum - Valentyne Suite CD (album) cover

VALENTYNE SUITE

Colosseum

Ozymandias
3 stars Not so much a review as a personal view of an album which I believe was the first to be released on the Verigo label, so found it interesting, as I like a lot of music from the same label.

Colosseum's, Valentyne Suite starts with the very energetic "The Kettle". As an opener, gets me going quickly. Not much of a brass man, so don't really care much for the brass segments in this release. Butty's Blues is as best they come when we talking The Blues'

Throughout this record, I find the keyboards of Dave Greenslade, to be exceptional. Valentyne Suite ' Theme One ' Excellent!

Overall an enjoyable album, but rates on the wrong side of 3.5, so a 3 is my verdict.

Ozymandias | 3/5 |