King Crimson - Larks' Tongues In Aspic CD (album) cover

LARKS' TONGUES IN ASPIC

King Crimson

Menswear
3 stars Where's the beef?

I don't know. I do not know why people are giving such a great attachment to such a hard piece of candy. If In The Court is easy as chocolate, this would be an 'everlasting gobstopper Willy Wonka style' ! You could suck on this for hours without going to the core.

Ha ha. I don't really have a problem with Book of Saturdays, Exiles and Easy Money; they're fairly 'easy listening' and frankly, very good material. On the other hand, the Talking Drum and the Lark's Tongues suite I and II is giving me severe headaches to dissect correctely.

Even with lots of hearings, they still have the free-for-all-anti-melody-atmosphere that's giving me 3 stars. Even after many years of progressive material, going through difficult albums (Violent Silence, Anglagard, Echolyn, Universal Totem Orchestra, Zappa), this one is still giving me a hard time to digest. This kind of Crimson experimentalism is probably good for me, in a while I'll probably forge a better appreciation for lesser complicated material.

No go, sorry.