Rick Wakeman - The Word and Music  CD (album) cover

THE WORD AND MUSIC

Rick Wakeman

Zitro
1 stars Why is the 0-star option removed? I need it here!

"The Word and Music" is the most boring album I listened from my father's collection. Here, you got Nina (One of Rick's wives) reciting some biblical passages while the supposed master of the keyboards who composed the dynamic "Merlin" and the gorgeous "Birdman of Alcatraz" plays very uninspired new-agey keyboard flourishes to compliment the preaching. I don't know if I can even consider this music as it sounds like a simple background. No melodies, no riffs, no hooks, no gorgeous moments, no strokes of genius. It does not offer anything.

If you want some religious music, check out Neal Morse's discography. Testimony is a wonderful and emotional tale of a conversion, while One and "?" have religious concepts and excellent complex musicianship.

If you want something to play with your dog with, get a frisby: it's cheaper.

Zitro | 1/5 |