The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel CD (album) cover

The Flower Kings

Tobbe J
4 stars I just say wow! Roine Stolt has done it once again together with Tomas, Jonas, Hasse, Hasse and Marcus. I hold UTF for THE FloKi album but PH is up there too for sure. It's a bit differentsounding from all the other FloKi albums I guess. Roine himself said they had been painting with a broader brush this time and I think that's an appropriate way to put it. The recording is perhaps more organic than earlier releases since much of the backingtracks were laid down with the whole band in the studio. My overall impression is that the music has gained from this. Some of the earlier work of FloKi have sometimes suffered from the lack of group dynamic created in the studio this time. So once again an undisputable must-have for any prog-nerd out there! My 4 stars are actually with a great big plus after them!
Tobbe J | 4/5 |