Relocator - Relocator CD (album) cover

4 stars This album was a real surprise for me. I thought I had these guys figured out somewhere in the middle of track one, and that's when the guessing began. I've seen people compare then to Planet X, and the comparison is unavoidable since the keyboardist is Derek Sherinian. The style comparison can be made, but this band defies comparison to any one band or sound. Each track of the CD I found myself saying "what are they going to do next?" The band manages to be very ecclectic and...FUN! Some tracks sounded like classic fusion, some more heavy sounding, and then there is the violinist who appears on some tracks, giving them a Kansas feel. I was incredibly entertained by the whole album, which never gets stale - a difficult task to accomplish for an all instrumental album.
dtguitarfan | 4/5 |