Return To Forever - Return To Forever CD (album) cover

RETURN TO FOREVER

Return To Forever

belz
4 stars 3.9/5.0

This is a great fusion album, yet I do not believe it deserves 5 stars because it is inconsistent. The theme song "Return to Forever" is obviously the best on this one, but unfortunately (and with all my apologies to those who believe this is one of the best fusion album ever) at some point I think even this one lacks the emotion I would like to hear from a true masterpiece. Sure, it is technically advanced but I felt a bit annoyed by the experimentations in some places.

That said, on the positive side the tempo counter-tempo from percussion is absolutely fantastic and what about the bass... marvelous! The bass solo on "Return to Forever" is one of the best I listened to. Another great moment of this album is that spanish- style rhythm on " Sometime Ago/La Fiesta"; it is absolutely gourgeous. Great imagination and really there is a lot of emotion in that part.

Adding the pluses and minuses, this is a great album and an excellent addition to any collection. 3.9/5.0

belz | 4/5 |