Maneige - Les Porches CD (album) cover

LES PORCHES

Maneige

belz
5 stars 4.6/5.0

I discovered this album when I and a friend were doing a prog music show in college. I was totally blasted away, even if it sounds weird to say that about such a quiet, melodic, unpretious and smooth masterpiece. I remember when we used to play "Les Porches" and people were coming to us asking what was playing and saying it was great. Well, they were impressed by the special collaboration of Raoul Duguay on the lyrics. Duguay is well known for new-age music but on this one his deep weirdo voice is great!

Ok, so how to describe this for a newcomer? Well, I would classify this as a mix of Maneige and Harmonium; the first group for the xylophon and the percussions and the other one for the folk ambiance and the theme album. Honestly, this is a bit closer to Maneige.

This is a great jazz-prog-folk album with one of the best saxophone solo I ever heard at the end of the first track. This is a masterpiece, no doubt about this one! 4. 6/5.0

belz | 5/5 |