Meshuggah - I CD (album) cover

I

Meshuggah

Tech/Extreme Prog Metal

JJLehto
5 stars A member of this sites forum recomended "I" to me saying it was a work of true genius, how right they were. There is no other way to describe this work.

The first minute and a half is slow and gives you a very gloomy feeling. Suddenly, there is an explosion of ear-shattering noise. It is the most brutal guitar and drums I have ever heard, even from Meshuggah.

The rest of the EP is of true Meshuggah style. Bizzare time signatures, tempos, and sudden changes. It is amazing how quickly they just burst into seeming chaos, it is almost schizophrenic.

Of course Thomas Haake's, almost unhuman, drumming is just that. It is beyond me how he can keep up the sheer pace for such long periods of time, not to mention the complexity of it all. The drums, guitars, vocals, structure, absolutely everything about it is flawless.

A true masterpiece, and perfect for any fan of prog metal and even heavy metal.

JJLehto | 5/5 |