King Crimson - Red CD (album) cover

RED

King Crimson

smartpatrol
5 stars I enjoyed this album. Each of the members showed amazing skill and technique. However, each song had a certain flaw which I could not ignore, with the exception of the title track, which is not only throughly enjoyable, but also very catchy.

Favorite picks from the album:

"Red" Really good hard rock instrumental. Throughly enjoyable and catchy.

"One More Red Nightmare" I love the instrumental passages, but the verses seem out of place.

"Starless" Great song! But I wish Wetton's vocals were less distorted.

All and all, I'd say it's a three star album. My favorite of the mid-70s Crimson albums (the others go WAY over my head). Not the best in my opinion, but still good. Three stars.

-Update- Sense the writing of my review, I've grown to like "Red" alot more, finding each song to be really fantastic.So, I'm changing my rating to 4 stars.

smartpatrol | 5/5 |