Cabezas De Cera - Cabezas de Cera CD (album) cover

Cabezas De Cera

3 stars I must say that as for originality, this band wins most of the points. Not your typical prog. Essentially an instrumental band (except for some narration on Pretexto A Un Texto Fragmentado and Al Aire). The percussions department here is quite a busy and much varied one. I really love the job Francicso Sotelo does here, he gives the music such a special atmosphere with his instruments. Ramses Luna with all of his wind instruments (flutes, sax and clarinet) leads the music and gives a sort of ethnic tone to it. Mauricio Sotelo provides the rythm with his guitars and bass. there are several guest musicians completing the sound and the overall result is an original, intriguing and satisfying listen. I would not call this Latino-prog as I heard several times. There are some Latin inuendos in some songs, but that is it. WHat I do hear is some tribal like music, Jazz and rock. Very well performed. A refreshing and very good album. (3.5 stars)
avestin | 3/5 |