Overhead - Zumanthum CD (album) cover

ZUMANTHUM

Overhead

gimsom
4 stars Overhead, propably the only domestic prog band that I like (I'am from Finland). The music is exellent like old Genesis with bit of Dream Theater. Still it could never be considired as prog metal. I quess it could be called symphonic prog with some neoprog features.

This is propably one of the most strongest and bravest debut album. It has 5 songs and one of them is a true epic and three other miniepic. The music is very original, well composed and well played. I though prog bands these days are terrible metal. Overhead makes a nice exeption! Go to see their site and listen to the samples, but not just one.

gimsom | 4/5 |