Björk - Debut CD (album) cover

DEBUT

Björk

Mellotron Storm
2 stars A couple of weeks ago I dropped in on my wife at her office as she was working on a Saturday and needed my help with something. While I was there she said there was a box of 20 or so cds they were getting rid of if I wanted to look through them. Well to my surprise there was one in there that caught my eye and of course it was Bjork's "Debut". I didn't think I had ever heard a Bjork song before but of course I was well aware of who she was and what she looked like etc. I wasn't listening to the first song very long though when I realized I had heard her alot back in the nineties on this radio station I used to listen to. She has such a great voice. Obviously a very talented lady.

There are many albums on this site that aren't Prog including this one because we list an artist's whole discography even though they may just have a couple of prog flavoured albums. I get that. It was strange for me though listening to this recording because it's not My music. I did like the first track somewhat called "Human Behaviiour" but I tired of it quickly. The last track "The Anchor Song" is by far the best in my opinion. It sounds like it was inspired by Rio / Avant although i'm sure it wasn't. For the most part though I have no desire to listen to this again. Fans only.

Mellotron Storm | 2/5 |