Mike Oldfield - Hergest Ridge CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

3 stars I had large expectations of MO's Hergest Ridge. I had heard Tubular Bells and Ommadawn before. Thinking of those albums mixed with folk music sounded amazing. But what did I get...

Everything sounds more simple and the "solos" sound actually partly annoying. This album has lost its harmony and symphonic sound that the two other MO's albums had. I can't say that its rubbis or even close, since it really has some good parts. This is just my personal opinion and I'm sure may people can enjoy this greatly! I would personally recommend first to buy Tubular Bells or even the better, Ommadawn.

Unfortunately only 3 stars but remember thats just my personal view. Good but not (even nearly) essential album.

gimsom | 3/5 |