Greenslade - Greenslade CD (album) cover

4 stars Take Colosseum and start opening it as an onion. Take away the roughness. Take away the clumsy melodies. What do you get. A prog GEM: Greenslade. I admire Colosseum when they play the Valantyne Suite and such but there are a lot of material that is not of the same standard. Greenslade is much more consistent band. They took the best of Colosseum and added great new songs that really prog and at the same time really swing. Symphonic boogie prog. This is just the kind of music that the band I played in, in the mid seventies, tried to play. It was fun but it never came anything. We played progressive music with strong organ body and long jamming sections for guitar and the organ. When I listen to this Greenslade album I hear similarities with the finnish group Tasavallan presidentti and the melodies of Pekka Pohjola. Don't know who heard whom... Anyway a great album.
pirkka | 4/5 |