Jon & Vangelis - Short Stories CD (album) cover

SHORT STORIES

Jon & Vangelis

Guillermo
4 stars I consider Jon Anderson and Vangelis as pioneers of the "New Age" musical genre. I only have listened to this album and to their "The Friends of Mr. Cairo" album, but I prefer this album.

This album has a lot of "musical atmospheres" created by Vangelis, with Anderson`s vocals and lyrics really matching the mood of the music. Every song has a "nostalgical" mood that takes the listener, IMO, to a world of "fantasy". Anderson`s vocals are frequently enriched with the use of "echoes" or delay effects. "The Road" is one of the best songs in this album, with an acoustic guitar played by Raphael Preston, who also worked as recording engineer in this album. But, this is one of those albums that I prefer to listen from start to finish.

This album had a single released, of the song called "I Hear you Now", which I think it was a minor hit for them.

Guillermo | 4/5 |