Emerson Lake & Palmer - The Best of Emerson, Lake & Palmer  CD (album) cover

Emerson Lake & Palmer

3 stars Making a "Greatest Hits" album for Emerson Lake and Palmer is a tough and near impossible task, and this 1980 release has only about 38 minutes of music, so even harder. I don not think they really picked the best ELP songs but I guess that is really not what a compilation album is really all about. Typical stuff like "Peter Gunn", "howdown", and "Lucky Man" are here, of course. But ELP was much better in their longer stuff like "Tarkus", "Take a Pebble", and the entire "Karn Evil 9". Here we just get a slice of "Karn Evil 9" running just under 5 minutes.
mohaveman | 3/5 |