The Tangent - A Place In The Queue CD (album) cover

A PLACE IN THE QUEUE

The Tangent

Yurkspb2
4 stars Third album by The Tangent is surely better than 2nd. It seems that the group has finally found its unique style (which can be called neo-canterbury).

"In Earnest" is the first (and by far the better of two) epic here. Great track with lots of changes of harmonies and moods. "Lost In London" is my favorite track of the album - nice melody, though no complexity offered "DIY Surgery" and "GPS Culture" are not bad but don't stand out as well so I skip them (imho the album would do well without them) "Follow Your Leaders" is also very good and catchy "The Sun In My Eyes" is a prog-disco song that is also worth listening "A Place In The Queue" is a typical Tangent epic (but too long for my liking) with typical Andy Tillison vocal harmonies.

The musicianship on the album is great and the only minus of the album for me is its length - 79 minutes are too much for my ears! 4 stars.

Yurkspb2 | 4/5 |