Trettioariga Kriget - Efter Efter (After After) CD (album) cover

EFTER EFTER (AFTER AFTER)

Trettioariga Kriget

Master of Time
4 stars Man, what a find was this album. I had never heard of this band but when I heard the track Mannen Pa Banken on Last.Fm I decided to check this album out. This is truly a hidden gem. There are some weak moments but the highs of the album are just so great and so addicting, Chrsiter Akerberg is an amazing guitar player. This band is definitely guitar oriented but there are some keyboards in their but they rarely take a front seat.

The first track Mannen Pa Banken immediately hooks you. It has some great guitar playing by Christer and Robert Zima's voice is pleasant. If I had to compare his voice with anyone's it would probably be Roine Stolt's, but in my opinion Robert's is less of an acquired taste. I also think Stefan is great bass player and they really give him his places to shine, I imagine this is due to him being the main songwriter. Barnet is another great track, reminiscent of the Flower Kings, I especially enjoy Dag Lundquist's drumming, and I think this is one of the best track for Robert's vocals. The Dance is probably my favorite on the album with opener. It is a very good instrumental, I love Christer's guitar tone on this track. I also love the song Glorious war, another great one for Robert. The Title track Efter Efter is the longest song on the album and another highlight. Feature's more keyboard than most of the album.

The Rest of the album is mostly three star material, nothing I would want to come back to frequently. Boring mostly but a pleasant occasional listen.

Overall I Give this a 3.5 due to some weaker tracks, but I round it up to a four because with some of the great material on this album I couldn't bare to give it any lower, and I plan on adding more Trettioariga Kriget to my collection. I recommend to this to any fan of Anglagard, The Flower Kings, or any fan of guitar oriented prog in general.

Master of Time | 4/5 |