Il Balletto di Bronzo - Il Rei Del Castello CD (album) cover

IL REI DEL CASTELLO

Il Balletto di Bronzo

Rock Progressivo Italiano

memowakeman
2 stars I want to start saying this: Ys, is my favorite Italian album, i really love it, and for that reason, i wanted to hear another album from Il Balletto, and i found Il Rei del Castello.

So , what happened? I listened to it for the first time, and i thought this album id good, but i was expecting so much more, since then, i have listened to it at least 10 times, and that was enought for me, im still dissapointed with this, maybe my trip with Balletto ends here ( of course i will isten to YS so many times), but i mean , why to search another album of them, i think thats enough because this album is completely different to YS, im not saying that i wanted something quite similar to YS, but i expected something better.

This album is lack of creativity, forget all that dark symphonic moments, and now think of a more peaceful sound, pretty lyrics, Accidenti, Neve Calda, a bit good, boring i think...i think it is not that bad, but because i was expecting more, maybe i found it so bad, but truly it isnt. Vocals, like any great italian band are good and have their particular sound and tones, i like so much the voice here, and maybe the voice is my favorite thing in this album. It has some good songs, the first song is maybe a scary song, a promising begginig, but then more poppish and not so good, boring sometimes, in special talking about instruments, maybe because im a bassist i like bass sound and rythm, but i think the best is the piano work, but well, talking about the album as a whole, its not so good, i dont recommend it definitely. For that reasons i think this album deserves 3 stars, because it not so bad, not horrible, but its not good neither, so maybe i deserves only 2.5 stars, but that doesnt exist, so what should i do? maybe give 2 stars, because i think it is only for fans , and for people like me who was looking for some YS sound.

memowakeman | 2/5 |