Yes - Fragile CD (album) cover

FRAGILE

gimsom
5 stars This is the third album by Yes. Many fans consider this to be the best album after Close To The Edge. I have hard time choosing between this and The Yes Album. Anyway here's the review:

Roundabout : Every prog fan knows this hit song. Complex and interressting composition with kick ass intro. Overall great song. A true Yes classic 4.5/5

Cans And Brahms : Rick Wakemans solo (thou not even composed by him). Doesn't have much meaning and not too important song. Just another "nice" song. 3.6/5

We Have Heaven : Jon Anderson's solo, which also sound like it. Weird song that will propably give a good laugh for some people. Easy and happy song. 3.7/5

South Side Of The Sky : Considered as another classic Yes song. With beautiful piano solo by Wakeman in the middle, exellent guitars and singing makes this 5/5

Five Percent For Nothing : Bill Brufords solo which is very clearly this weakest link. It's not worth of much. Good thing is that its very short. 2/5

Long Distance Runaround : Another Yes classic but short one. Complex guitars and good singing. 4.5/5

The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus) : Chris Squires solo. Short and not too special (remember to check Yessongs version which is special!). Another "nice" song, mainly becose of its lenght. 4/5

Mood For A Day : Steve Howe's solo which is considered as his masterpiece (along the others). Exellent flamenco style song. I prefer more Clap, which is like Mood For A Day played by a hick who's on steroids. 4.5/5

Heart Of The Sunrise : Possibly the best song on this album. Another Yes classic. Very complex song and I must give special mention for Jon Anderson's singin, nearly makes me cry every time I hear this. 5/5

Overall not the best Yes album but close. Every prog fan should have this. Three extremely strong songs and three not so strong songs and few somewhere in between. Deserves 5 stars, althought I calculated bit more than 4, but lets ignore Bruford shall we?

Essential : a masterpiece of progressive music.

gimsom | 5/5 |