Supersister - Present From Nancy CD (album) cover

Canterbury Scene

4 stars To me, this is true progressive music. Few bands can pretend to earn that title, if not the 5 bands that makes the pentagon of progressive music: Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd, King Crimson and Gentle Giant.

Well, there's probably more space in many minds, right?

Camel, Gryphon, Focus, Caravan, Le Orme, R.D.M. or Nektar: more obscure bands that didn't made much ruckuss but stepped into the great underdogs of underground...better add Supersister in the bunch.

As I said, this is truly music that transcend the jazz/rock combo. Supersister is pushing forward to stretch the psychedelica style and grabbing the Canterbury sound by the horns. But I find those close. Even if this band is NOT from England, it influenced so many people, I declare them forefathers of bands like Camel or Soft Machine, and of today's Blur weirdest albums.

For mature ears only, we're just out of the psychedelia era, and the traces of Strawberry Alarm Clock or early Pink Floyd are tastable. Amateurs of flute, organ and jazzy jams with gloomy moods will love this.

Crazy and at the same time, sparkling.

Menswear | 4/5 |