Mike Oldfield - Voyager CD (album) cover

Mike Oldfield

2 stars If I should point out the qualities of "Voyager" I have to say it's the homogenic or consequent style. It feels obvious and simple, in a positive way. He sticks to the theme all the way through. But it's too soft for me, and the smooth celtic moods just doesn't excite me one bit. It's not that it isn't beautiful, it's just that there aren't anything here that keeps your interest longer than a few minutes. Since I'm a big fan of early Oldfield I tried hard to get into a lot of his later work, but just as in many other late albums this one is dull.
1971 | 2/5 |