Quatermass - Quatermass  CD (album) cover

Clark Ashton
4 stars Quatermass is, IMHO, one of the most well rounded albums ever. It's technical, but swings. It's catchy without being commercial. I love the way it flows from mid-tempo rockers to avant-garde instrumentals to bluesy soundscapes. At times reminding me of Arzachel, The Nice, the '71-'73 Proto-Kaw, "Lonesome Crow" era Scorpions, Atomic Rooster, of course Mark II Deep Purple, & even Slade. I don't believe in breaking albums down to individual song descriptions to link my comparisons to. This album as a whole; is an ever evolving sonic gem.
Clark Ashton | 4/5 |