Stanley Clarke - Stanley Clarke CD (album) cover

STANLEY CLARKE

Stanley Clarke

1967/ 1976
4 stars I do not know if Fusion is a branch of Progressive. Fusion is certainly a branch of Jazz. However, it is no longer a Jazz Jazz but a mix of Jazz & Rock music with other genres, marked on a chaotic mix programmed with extreme difficulty executive. Without going into speeches of little interest here, is to frame the right thing, so that certain artists become easy to understand. Let's face it, this is the case of Stanley Clarke, bassist of the best I ever have heard.

"Stanley Clarke" (his second solo album) is a clear example of Rock & Jazz, Classic Fusion in short, dominated by guitar and bass guitar. In it we also find a great deal of melody, something that might be interesting, except that it is Rock part, Hard Rock. Technically, "Stanley Clarke" is a Jazz album, not unlike many others. Yet it has something mystical, innovative Rock field. Not by chance, I like it if I consider it a great Rock album with Jazz compositions.

However, I must say, sincerely, that "Stanley Clarke" is an album that I just heard but that I understood immediately. Say with certainty that the work of Stanley Clarke is astounding technique and heat, the guitar of Bill Connors is very hard rock and very addictive, as is technical and full of heat the drums of Tony Williams. In all this it should be noted that "Stanley Clarke" has aged very well indeed.

In concluding these brief notes, I can not say that "Stanley Clarke" is a masterpiece of Prog. However, it is a masterpiece of fusion and of 70's music.

1967/ 1976 | 4/5 |