Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet CD (album) cover

FEAR OF A BLANK PLANET

Porcupine Tree

Argonaught
5 stars Long ago, I posted a review, describing this album as "flawless".

But the times, they are a-changing.

As of now, I only find half of the album excellent. Over time, I have lost any interest I had in Sides A, and I will now publicly admit I never liked Side C either :)

The planet of people, whose eyes are as blank as their minds, has undoubtedly remained a powerful and scary image, but now I feel that Wilson's interpretation of this societal phenomenon is too lopsided and shallow.

This doesn't diminish the value of Anesthetize, and especially of Nil Recurring add-ons, which I continue to see as true prog masterpieces (maybe, because Wilson's singing on Sides B and D is less in-your-face and annoying).

Argonaught | 5/5 |