Yes - Fragile CD (album) cover

FRAGILE

Argonaught
5 stars I would not be adding much to the reputation of this supreme work of musical art. It's a little too late .. Fragile has been around for almost 42 years, and it's been reviewed innumerable times by legions of the professional critics and hordes of amateur music lovers alike.

In my opinion, Fragile is the best album in the whole wide category of progressive rock - not only in the symphonic subdivision. As far as I am concerned, it even betters the CTTE rankings in the categories of diversity, imagination and the album art (yes, good album art IS extremely important - it impacts you first and helps you settle into an optimal perceptive mood even before you begin listening to the album itself).

Let me just list the two special delicacies that are to be found exclusively on Fragile:

The 33 seconds of 'Five Percent For Nothing'.

The Fish

And, not a single track that I feel like skipping (not even the commonly scoffed Cans and Brahms, which I think is a decent piece of Wakeman's work, sitting in a right place)l.

Argonaught | 5/5 |