White Willow - Ex Tenebris CD (album) cover

White Willow

Sean Trane
Prog Folk
2 stars I don't see the big hoopla about this second album as I find this tedious, monotonous and pointless, although this appears to be of some quality, in some sort of artistic way. This second effort is clearly a down step from their promising debut album, but their folk-tinged prog never really gets nervous, inspired or even engaged. I must say, I got rid of this album after having tried around ten times, and it still was not getting my attention; how hard should a listener try? If he does not after so many try, than the problem is with the record, would you not say?

Even in concert with two good looking girls, I was not captivated to say the least. Maybe best avoided as an introduction to Whit Willow, you might want to start with the debut or Sacrament.

Sean Trane | 2/5 |