Jonesy - Dark Matter CD (album) cover

3 stars Jonesy makes a Pink Floyd album.

Did not know that this had been released,but came across it on I-Tunes.After listening to the samples a few times,decided to spend the $7 .The thing with I-Tunes you don't get any info about the album,so I don't know who is left from the old days.A few years ago I bought the first 3 albums on the 2 cd package,and quite liked the mellotron drenched easy flowing music.

This album doesn't sound much like the old albums,though.Here it's like they make a tribute to Pink Floyd making all original Floyd sounding tracks with the exception of the last track.Some 'Wish you were here','Division Bell and 'Momentary lapse of reason' combo with plenty of sound effects,like waves,kids playing,birds chirping and so on.There is also some Hawkwind flawors here specially some Calvert sounding vocals here and there.

So,as there are no new Pink Floyd albums on the horizon,you may get a nice little fix with this one.For me a nice solid 3 star album.Thanks Jonesy,nice one.

gr8dane | 3/5 |