L' Orchestre Sympathique - En concert  la grande passe CD (album) cover

EN CONCERT LA GRANDE PASSE

L' Orchestre Sympathique

Rainer Rein
4 stars "Wow - L'Orchestre Sympathique is represented in the Archives!", rejoices the child in my body... Yes - I ordered "En Concert..." on CD after visiting the homepage of ProgQuebec because I found this one my favourite release (and personal discovery) of ProgQuebec (all in all - my personal fave of Rock-related-music done in Quebec is still Maneige's first LP from 1975)!

Well - when we look at this music of L'Orchestre Sympathique (what a wonderful name of the band) it would seem like quite usual jazz but... what an intelligent soundspectrum - the most of these thanks could belong maybe to vibraphone player Jean Vanasse - what a gentle music with so beautiful tuned percussion (plus bass, flute, keys and drums)! Haven't heard two later efforts of L'OS (all are live-recordings) but this one is very worth to discover!

Rainer Rein | 4/5 |