Ricordi d'Infanzia - Io Uomo CD (album) cover

Ricordi d'Infanzia

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars Well, well well. I was very surprised when I listened to this Italian progressive rock music from 1973. Because of it's rarity and relative low profile, I expected just to add this to my collection and maybe get one or maybe two good songs to add to my vast Italian progressive rock collection of favorites. Instead, I was amazed to hear, instead of the usual Banco and PFM copy cat sounds, music that is a cross between Fantasy, Cressida, Le Orme and Uriah Heep! However, the prevailing sound is completely Italian with very good vocals (in Italian) and the powerful emotional overtones. Very good melodies mixed with some heavy guitar and organ/piano work. If you have a decent collection of Italian prog/rock CDs and are wanting to take a chance, pick this one up, you will be adding a few more songs to your Italian favorites list!
dalt99 | 4/5 |