The Beatles - Let It Be CD (album) cover

LET IT BE

The Beatles

Proto-Prog

Mr. Mustard
3 stars I've always considered Abbey Road the "true" final Beatles album. For this reason I view this as almost a sort of Coda despite being written before. I say this because I find this to be a pretty unfocused album, but that is simply apart of its charm. It's raw, folksy, and hardly serious.

The folk infiltrates the sound of 'Two of Us,' while there is a heavy, raw blues sound in 'Dig a Pony,' 'One After 909,'and 'For You Blue.'

The quality songs can be found in the serene atmosphere of 'Across the Universe,' in the classic rocking 'Ive Got a Feeling' and 'Get Back,' and the delicate McCartney ballads in 'Long and Winding Road' and 'Let it Be.'

Overall, this is a significant drop in quality compared to the impressive streak of albums that preceded this. Yet this has a very warm feel to it, and is a positive way to finish off an illustrious career.

6/10