Magyar Posse - We Will Carry You Over The Mountains CD (album) cover

Magyar Posse

Post Rock/Math rock

4 stars This band from Finland makes a very interesting music; their sound is really unique. I personally found better their second album, but this album it's an excellent debut for this new post rock band.

The band develops a new sound for the post rock scene; their Influences could we the Morricone's music and maybe a little from Explosions in the sky but certainly they sound fresh and the comparisons are away from what they really are. In this album they use more the guitar effects and the violin don't play the principal role (like in the next album) but make some beautiful textures and Adornments.

We Will Carry You over the Mountains sometimes sound a little hypnotic and surrounding like in "Pacific Ocean / Death In The Desert", "The endless cycle of violence" and also could sound dark like in" witchcraft". The last track it's an amazing piece of soft and encouraging music, and closes perfectly the album. The music is all instrumental but transmits effectively the emotions and feelings they try to produce. There are not Weak points here the whole album could be listened as an entity.

"Harri Sippola" one of the guitar player makes a very good and interesting sound, sometimes he use the guitar to improve the sound, making solos and effects like all the post rock have. The keyboards complement the Atmosphere and give the hypnotic feel in some tracks but it never becoming annoying.

In general Magyar posse found a very interesting and unique sound to improve the experimental/post rock scene and also to considered one of the best in this sub-genre (needs more attention, and Recognition) and this is only the beginning I think, their second album it's even more beautiful and more Sophisticated. I have too many hopes in this band and think if they keep and improve their sound they will have in the future a true and more intelligent music Development.

4 stars excellent addition to any Experimental/post rock music collection. BAMBA.

bamba | 4/5 |