Frank Zappa - Freak Out! CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

2 stars 1.6/5.0 As some people pointed out, this was the first rock double LP of history, and probably also the first concept album of the genre. That said, this is not a great album from a prog point of view. Well, first of all, this is not prog at all: closer to rock then anything else. But even for rock, this isn't great rock... Second, the recording is good but the quality of the songs is dubious. Well, I guess you have to like it to listen to it; I don't like this stuff, and if it was not for the historical thing I would give less than a star to this album. 1.6/5.0
belz | 2/5 |