Kamelot - The Black Halo CD (album) cover

2 stars This doesn't belong in the top 25 Prog Metal albums list. I don't see why Kamelot gets so much attention -- there's nothing special about them and there is nothing special about this album. It's mediocre Power-Metal with very little to do with Prog. If you want a good Progressive Power Metal album, try Temple of Shadows by ANGRA. It's much better. This is not worth your time unless you are a fan of Kamelot (although I can't understand why anyone would be), or listen to Power Metal religiously. Not my cup of tea and I have yet to hear anything mind-blowing by this band.
Fuzz | 2/5 |