Yoke Shire - Masque of Shadows  CD (album) cover

MASQUE OF SHADOWS

Yoke Shire

Prog Folk

Greger
5 stars The American progressive rock band YOKE SHIRE came as a big surprise to me. With a very appealing 70's sound they instantly found their way right to my heart. Although they're only three band members they have a wide spectrum of instruments. They're using flute, guitars, keyboards, bass, harmonica, dulcimer, mandolin, bass pedals, Theremin, marimba, melodihorn, drums, percussion and Glockenspiel. The front man Craig Herlihy who is a skilful multi-instrumentalist plays most of the instruments.

YOKE SHIRE's 70's influenced progressive hard rock is a mix between ATOMIC ROOSTER, CAMEL, DEEP PURPLE, GENTLE GIANT, INCREDIBLE HOG and JETHRO TULL, with strong compositions, complex arrangements and a very good production overall.

When I saw the front cover I was expecting something completely different. Something that would sound like some average 80's heavy metal band, but that was oh so wrong. YOKE SHIRE is a band that will appeal to those who are into 70's hard rock and progressive rock. Highly Recommended!

Greger | 5/5 |