Emerson Lake & Palmer - Emerson Lake & Palmer CD (album) cover

EMERSON LAKE & PALMER

Emerson Lake & Palmer

video vertigo
4 stars Good Album. Better than I expected, as a forme ELP hater. The Barbarian opens the album as probably my favorite ELP song, Emerson shines. Take a pebble has pretty bad lyrics IMO, but again Emerson shines and the instrumental parts are very well done. Take a pebble is my least favorite track but is still pretty good.

I'm not going to go into details on all the songs, but Greg Lake's best track is the ending of the album "Lucky Man" which is the most popular early ELP track. This album ends very well.

Overall I'd say this album is an Excellent addition to any prog music collection, great to play every now and then and a must for keyboard enthusiasts. I really enjoy this album but I doubt it's a masterpiece of prog, but I definitely recommend to 70s prog fans. A great start for ELP.

93/100