Frank Zappa - Absolutely Free CD (album) cover

Frank Zappa

3 stars 2.8/5.0 A great improvement over "Freak Out!". Exit the dubious concept, and welcome good improvisation and interesting musical experimentation! Still, most of the album is barely prog, but some songs are really good (Invocation and Ritual Dance of the Young Pumpkin is one of my favorite). Other non-prog songs like "Plastic people" are great too, even if I don't particularly appreciate all the lyrics. From a musical point of view, this is as crazy as it gets, but luckily we get a slight overview of the great prog music that is to come. 2.8/5.0
belz | 3/5 |