Neu! - Neu! CD (album) cover

NEU!

Neu!

Krautrock

1967/ 1976
5 stars I'm not an expert of Krautrock but Krautrock is a great music also for my knowledge. Personally for me Krautrock is a mix between Psychedelic Rock, Blues, Jazz and classical music, a lethal mix, because it is simple music, not colored, hypnotic. There is no melody, because it not serves: it is the intricate repetition of a theme that does not exist but that is artificially created. However, it is intriguing, really. But this is music? Perhaps is it pure art! In the case of Neu! (a duo consisting of Klaus Dinger and Michael Rother) appears to me an exaggeration to talk about rock music.

"Neu!", the debut album Neu! is an album that sends you into a parallel dimension. Clearly you need to be relaxed and ready for anything in order to understand this music. It is the pursuit of a parallel world, often higher. Certainly it would seem elementary music, but every note is not random.

There are many aspects that should be dissected, such as a whole speech on the ambient scene, it would be important. However I feel I can say that even in a narrow view to the scene of the 70's Krautrock "Neu!" is an honest masterpiece.

1967/ 1976 | 5/5 |