Pan & Regaliz - I Can Fly CD (album) cover

I CAN FLY

Pan & Regaliz

Proto-Prog

hdfisch
3 stars Sole album by this very early Spanish prog band contains some strongly Tull-inspired bluesy psyche rock. Quite nice to listen if one loves such stuff, but not that unique and original either. Highlight is certainly the highly psychedelic title track clocking for 9 minutes. For me it was good for a couple of spins, but after a while my interest was "flying" away as fast as the album title assumes. Without doubt this release is worth being acknowledged especially considering the difficult times it has been created in. Thus just for that reason I'm giving it an additional half star.

But actually I wouldn't call it an essential one for a prog fan in general rather for the passionate collector of obscure rarities.I'd give half star extra if possible!

hdfisch | 3/5 |