Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge CD (album) cover

CHUNGA'S REVENGE

Frank Zappa

RIO/Avant-Prog

belz
4 stars 4.4/5.0 I really like this album! Less absurd, more music, more guitar, more jazz, more rock! Nearly everything good about Zappa is in here. I think this one is pretty underrated; sure it does not compare to Zappa's prog masterpieces (Hot Rats or The Grand Wazoo) but I think there is a lof of good things on this album.

From the drum/guitar experimentation solos on "The Nancy & Mary music" to the incredible rock-hard "Tell me You love me" which is close to an all-time rock classic,to "Transylvania boogie" with its crazy rhythms and prog structure, EVERYTHING on this album is good!

The ONLY reason I don't give 5 stars to this one is because it is closer to rock or blues than to prog. But it sure is a rock masterpiece. HIGHLY recommanded! I just can't stop listening to this album! 4.4/5.0

belz | 4/5 |