Sigur Rós - Valtari CD (album) cover

Sigur Rós

Post Rock/Math rock

2 stars We have been keeping an eye on Sigur Rós for a few years now. Initially, they sounded fresh, different and therefore promising - albeit a little too languid to our taste. However, by the time Takk and Med Sud came out Sigur Rós had made some good strides as far as structure, rhythm and the degree of animation. We were happy to invest into the 3 then-latest albums of theirs, and have been eagerly awaiting the next one.

But, this Valtari opus is too anemic, flaccid, and in places downright lethargic. Yes, there are some pleasant instrumental sounds. Yes, I Sigur Rós guys are talented musicians. We will take a pass on Valtari, but we are willing to wait for their next album, and I hope it would be at least as good as Takk and Med Sud .

Argonaught | 2/5 |