Rush - 2112 CD (album) cover

2112

Rush

Menswear
3 stars A tad overrated.

Yes it's true, this is a real classic. I even think this album will be played even when the guys'll be gone. But to me, this is the wake up call Rush needed to stay in the game.

Rush' career wasn't going too good when this came out, and it saved the day. A story about rebellion, musak and fascim. Is it why it's so popular? Probably, and the fact that Geddy's voice tip top shape doesn't hurt. Or maybe is it the strange sign on the cover that attracts so much? Or could it be the picture of the band with long robes and no panties under? Yuck.

I really never understood why people going berserk on this suite. Temple of Syrinx is a concert classic, but the whole thing isn't gripping me like Cygnus X-1 Book II did for example. Maybe it's one of those records that strucked people in the right place right time.

For majestic suites listen also to Hemispheres, Natural Science and Camera Eye. Those are as good, and gives more cohesion and melodies.

High 5 to Bangkok and Something for Nothing also.

Menswear | 3/5 |