Quiet Sun - Mainstream CD (album) cover

Quiet Sun

Canterbury Scene

4 stars I've read about Maistream in Prog Archives and I was interested in having something of Quiet Sun because of the presence of some musicians of Roxy Music....I picked this up off the internet recently and listened to it knowing nothing about it aside from the fact that it was just really rare... Canterbury scene, maybe, but there are also some elements of psychedelic space rock and just some fusion elements...I appreciated the peculiar "mummy was an asteroid, daddy was a small non-stick kitchen utensil", and also "Sol Caliente", a pair of suites: the first track and the last (Rongwrong, quite good)...This album gives lots of importance to atmosphere and instrumental parts, the vocal parts are nearly absent! Anyway I reccomend it if you like bands like Yes, Cressida and Arzachel...
Kord | 4/5 |